the steam deck is here , should you get one
Valve started to ship the first patch of its new handheld the steam deck , after its delay due to chips shortage.
its started to ship the handheld on 25 February .
VALVE STEAM DECK SPECS
- 7-inch, 60Hz, 1280 x 800 IPS screen with 400-nit brightness
- 4-core, 8-thread AMD Zen 2 CPU
- 8-core AMD RDNA 2 graphics, 1GB video memory
- 16GB LPDDR5 memory, 8GB accessible by GPU
- 64GB eMMC storage ($400), 256GB NVMe SSD ($530), or 512GB NVMe SSD ($650)
- 40Wh battery
- USB-C port with USB 3.2 Gen 2 data, DisplayPort 1.4 video out, USB-C PD charging
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (2×2), Bluetooth 5.0, UHS-I microSD reader
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1.47 pounds (669g)
- 11.7 x 4.6 x 1.9 inches (298 x 117 x 49mm)
it runs a custom steam OS based on Linux . its a full pc so you can install windows on it
it also support a dock so you can use it as a desktop when connected to a monitor .
Gaming on steam deck
the steam deck is comfortable to hold the grips is suitable for long gaming time .
the thump sticks and buttons is very responsive and the touch is some how good but felt a little buggy when navigating throw the steam OS
you can run many Games with a mix of medium and high sittings it will run it at 60fps and more . but you have to but in your mind that not all games compatible yet with Linux .
its a very powerful emulation machine you can run all emulators with decent speed and performance .
Powerful, high-quality hardware at an unheard-of price
Infinitely customizable controls make decades of games playable
Easily lets you balance performance and battery drain
Suspend and resume games
Doubles as a full Linux PC
Unfinished, buggy software
Noisy fan almost never stops whining
Some of the most popular games still don’t work
Two hours or less of battery life at highest fidelity
the steam deck cost 399$ for the base model .you can preorder it from steam website .
the steam deck is a power handheld and if you like pc gaming you should get one .